What do executive background checks involve?
An executive background check involves conducting an audit on an individual before hiring him or her to fill an executive position. Conducting an executive background check requires a recruiting organization to counter-check every claim made by applications to avoid falsification of information with the help of a professional investigator in Santa Barbara. Organizations often hire private investigators to conduct an executive background check before hiring top executives. Corporate Resolutions is one of the companies that are committed to conducting reliable executive background checks for businesses. As such, you can always reach out to them for inquiries whenever you need to hire a top executive.
Why are executive background checks important?
Are you wondering why your organization needs to conduct executive background checks before hiring? If you are, below is a highlight of the important advantages of an executive background check. They include:
- It allows organizations to enhance the quality of its workforce: When an organization announces a vacancy, it attracts a lot of applicants and getting the right person to hire can be challenging. If an organization is able to conduct an executive background check, there is a high probability that it will receive a higher quality of applications, which eventually leads to the hiring of the right personnel. This is because an executive background check helps to expose applicants who provide false information and acts as a deterrent for applicants who could want to hide some information.
- It minimizes workplace violence: Workplace violence has been on the rise lately, which has prompted many organizations to become serious about adopting ways that could reverse the trend. According to reports from the US Department of Justice, about 1.75 million days are being lost at the workplace due to workplace violence. This greatly affects the productivity of employees and the general productivity of an organization. As a way of discouraging workplace violence, many organizations prefer conducting an executive background check to expose people with workplace violence history and ensure that they do not hire them.
- Executive background checks help businesses and organizations to protect themselves from negligent hiring liability: Employers are considered to have negligent hiring liability based on the information they have and the information that they do not have on their employees. To ensure that businesses are protected from being held responsible for the negligent hiring liability, they often prefer conducting an executive background check before hiring executives. Executive background checks help employers to make informed decisions before hiring executives with the aim of reducing negligent hiring liability.
- It helps reduce the employee dishonesty losses: When organizations and businesses hire dishonest employees, they are likely to experience employee dishonesty losses and this can plunge an organization into a financial crisis. Conventionally, close to 5 percent of organizational losses result from employee dishonesty, and many businesses are trying to address this. Employee dishonesty also leads to other social and economic issues such as reduced employee production, a compromised employer reputation, reduced investor confidence, and reduced employee morale. By organizations and businesses being able to conduct an executive background check, they increase the chances of hiring honest employees and avoid all the challenges and issues that come with employee dishonesty.
Why does every business need to conduct an executive background check before making a major executive hire?
Some of the reasons why businesses should embrace executive background checks when hiring executives are:
- It helps to ensure that businesses assess the qualifications of candidates: Many business leaders often want to ascend to the executive positions advertised by businesses. In order to overcome the fierce competition that they could face, some candidates resort to providing false information and documents to have an advantage over competitors. An executive background check helps companies to expose such candidates and hire the right executives.
- Save time required for training new executives: By conducting an executive background check on candidates when hiring executives, businesses are able to ensure that they hire people with the right experience and knowledge. This helps businesses to save a lot of financial resources that would otherwise be used to train incoming executives if they do not have the right skills and knowledge.
- Conducting an executive background check will also ensure that businesses hire executives without any criminal records. When businesses receive applications for the top jobs, candidates tend to only present details that they think will give them better odds of landing the positions. In doing so, the candidates could hide information about their criminal records. Considering that business executives hold senior positions in a firm, they should be persons of high integrity with no criminal records. Business owners, therefore, can rely on executive background checks to expose the criminal records of candidates.