Losing the password to your iPhone is one of the worst feelings imaginable. It gets even worse when you’re trying to delete everything on it and you can’t even get passed the lock screen.
While there are many ways you can do this without a passcode on your own, the last resort is handing the phone over to a professional company like All Green Electronics Recycling.
But, before you jump that far ahead, there is a multitude of ways in which you can try and wipe everything from your iPhone without a passcode.
Use iTunes to Reset Your iPhone
With over 56 million users, iTunes is easily one of the top music services in the world. Besides listening to music, it’s also handy for resetting your iPhone and wiping away all of your information.
It’s a reasonably straightforward process to do, so let’s take a look at the steps involved.
- First, you’ll want to launch iTunes on your computer. Once the program is up and running, connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Below the menu bar, you should see an iPhone icon. Click it. You’ll then be given more options. This is where you’ll want to click “Summary.”
- This should bring up an option that says “Restore iPhone.” Click that, and your iPhone should be successfully erased.
Utilize Recovery Mode to Wipe Information
Another opportunity to erase all your information comes in the form of using what’s known as “Recovery Mode.”
- To access this mode, the first thing you’ll need to do is connect your iPhone to a computer. Proceed to open iTunes.
- Once you’ve connected to iTunes, power off your smartphone. Hold the Home and Power buttons on your phone down at the same time. Do this until a message about connecting to iTunes appears.
- You should have an option to “Restore your iPhone.” Press that button, and you’ve just wiped the data from your smartphone.
Use iCloud to Erase Your Information
Apple has created a lot of different programs and services over the years, and the iCloud is one all iPhone users are aware of.
Created to store information without the user having to use any physical space for it, iCloud is useful for another purpose as well. It’s a program that might help you erase everything on your iPhone if you’re missing your password.
- The first thing you want to do is go to iCloud.com and sign in to your account.
- Once signed in, navigate to an option that says, “Find My iPhone.” Click that and then proceed to click “All Devices.”
- Your iPhone should be one of the devices listed. Click on it and choose the “Erase iPhone” option.
- In just a few clicks, you’ve just successfully erased all the information from your iPhone.
Use an Unlocker to Delete Everything
Though they go by many names, unlockers are pieces of software that let you wipe your iPhone.
Before walking you through the steps, it’s best to take caution when using these. Be careful not to fall for a scam. There are many professional-and not so professional-software programs out there to choose from. Do your research.
At this point, you might want to consider companies that destroy and wipe electronics professionally.
However, if you choose to proceed, the following steps will help you out.
Most of these programs run similarly, so you’ll more than likely be asked to download the program through the company’s site.
Once downloaded, all you should have to do is click a button to start the process of unlocking the phone.
After a few minutes, access to the unlocked iPhone will be granted. Your information will be wiped.
Consult a Professional
If you haven’t already done so by this point, the only remaining option is to contact a professional. These companies are experts at multiple facets of data wiping.
Going through a professional service practically guarantees that your iPhone will be appropriately handled.
Use Your Own Judgement
When figuring out how to delete everything on your iPhone without a passcode, using your best judgment is crucial to choosing the right method for you.
If you’re not comfortable with taking this matter into your own hands, professional companies are the way to go.
Stay safe when conducting this process, and always remember to choose wisely.
We Want to Hear from You
Have you had to use one of the above methods to wipe your iPhone? How did it go? Comment below and tell us your experience.