Technology is being developed at such a rapid rate these days, and global positioning satellite (GPS) systems empower your business in many respects. Using web tracking, you can receive up to date information on the location of all your vehicles, wherever they happen to be, and with special Internet platforms, you are always aware of the state of play.
- Intelligent Vehicle Tracking System – Real time GPS vehicle tracking enables you to know the current location, speed and route used of all your vehicles. Using a state-of-the-art interface, you can effortlessly collate this data, which will help you to make small changes to improve efficiency. Route planning suddenly becomes much easier and you can program your delivery points and the system will plan your drop offs to reduce the distances, thus ensuring prompt delivery and the minimum of travelling.
- Install Cameras in your Vehicles – This enables you to see both the driver and the exterior of the vehicle in real time, and if your drivers are underperforming, you would become aware of this. If, for example, goods are not being delivered, or are late in arriving, you can get to the root of the problem by visibly tracking both the driver and the vehicle with GPS You can also enable sound, which allows you to talk with the driver without having to use the telephone and that saves you money.
- Transport Management Software (TMS) – There are specialist providers of state-of-the-art software packages that are designed specifically for certain industries, and using such a system can revolutionise your logistics. Whether you have a couple of trucks that deliver locally, or you have a large fleet that covers the entire country, using TMS allows you to keep track of all vehicles and deliveries, and in the event a customer calls you and asks about their delivery, you can give them accurate information within a few seconds.
- Witnessing Accidents – As we all know, accidents can, and do happen, and in the event you have interior and exterior cams fitted to all your vehicles, you have recordings of all movements and this data can be used to verify how an accident occurred. This eliminates all doubt whenever there is an accident, as you have footage of the incident that is stored on the cloud and can easily be retrieved and downloaded to be used as evidence.
- Using the Shortest Routes – Route planning can be very difficult at the best of times, yet if you are using a GPS enabled system, you can plan the best routes and even avoid congested traffic, as you receive real time updates regarding traffic.
GPS tracking puts you firmly in the driving seat and by joining forces with an established supplier who uses the best software, you will know exactly where every vehicle is at any given time, plus you can investigate any unusual activity.
Talk to an established company that offers GPS technology and see what they can do for your business.